Something amazing happened to me the other day…
I was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award!
This is pretty darn SWEET for two reasons: 1) I am so completely new to blogging, and 2) this is my first official blog award. So can I get a Woot Woot?!
Something you should know about me is that in these past couple of weeks I have taken on Kristen Lamb’s Blogging Course as well as a Writing Mom’s: How to Do It All Course taught by Natalie C. Markey. They are wonderful classes and the work isn’t too overwhelming – yet. They understand that we are living busy lives and need to make time for our WIP (work-in-progress) as well. But somewhere along the line, with setting up my blog and choosing a “Martha Stewart-ish” direction I got lost and stifled my muse.
But something Kristen said in her recent lessons drove a spike through the walls confining me, causing a fracture through which the light could once again shine in. She told us not to instruct or inform but to be real, vulnerable and open to our feelings and readers in order to make the necessary connections. Apparently that was just what I needed to hear. The cage that was starting to build around my muse shattered. No longer am I staring at the screen, trying to force words to that which I want to say, I can write more organically again!
What does that means for us and this blog? Pretty simple. Not feeling so constrained, I’ll be looking for different ways to interact with you the reader. I hope you’ll enjoy taking this journey with me.
Thank you so much Diana Murdock for believing in me beforehand. I hope that as my blog takes on a new shift in style that you will find it even more interesting and engaging. Diana Murdock is the beautiful and talented writer I have to thank for this honor. You can read about it here. Check out her Bio.It is meant to intrigue, and her short reads, to leave you wanting more. Huge heart-felt thanks Diana!
By accepting this award I am agreeing to the following conditions:
- Thank the person who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
- List seven things about yourself.
- Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
Now, to think of seven interesting things about myself that you all don’t know. Hmm…I’ve tried to make the facts interesting and fun. Here we go…
1) At a VERY early age I under took an unsanctioned reconnaissance mission that resulted in a chimpanzee bite on my finger in the neighbor’s backyard. I later wrote a short story about this adventure as my entrance into a children’s lit program.
2) In the late ’90’s I was so addicted to video games that I pressed the controllers with such vigor it resulted in me bursting the blood vessels in my thumb. I literally had a black thumb!
3) I got to be part of the opening ceremonies for the 1984 Olympics. At one point you might be able to see me holding a giant gold balloon next to the rocket man! The organizers didn’t warn us about him – scared us half to death and we all froze in fear for a moment on open day while the camera’s rolled.
4) I have an affinity for “stabbing weapons” and would totally own a large collection if I didn’t think my children would sheeskabob each other with my shiny pretties.
5) I have some sort of mental block where cooking is concerned. I wish I didn’t, but there it is. I can’t remember the simplest of recipes, even baked potatoes. I have to look them up every single time and they always come out average.
6) My first car was a 1962 Buick Skylark. I still have her and she still runs. In 1998 the garage burned down around her. She was the only thing the firemen saved. Pushed her out of the garage with the house christmas lights melted to her hood.
7) I used to ride a motorcycle. Yes, me! Can you picture me in leather boots and leather jacket? I gave it up when the bike became a melted disaster in the above mentioned fire.
Now we can get to the fun stuff. I get to pass the torch, so to speak. I am to pick 15 new blogs I have discovered! There are soo many fabulous blogs that I don’t rightly know where to begin, but let me offer up these few I have discovered and enjoy…
1. Angela Quarles ~ Geek Girl*Romance Writer*Browncoat*Austenite – Angela has a fun approach to writing and research. Her grab bag posts will put a smile on your face. She is one to watch.
2. Coleen Patrick ~ A beautiful untethered spirit, you will find her talking about anything she sets her mind to. She covers books she reads to any topics that catches her fancy. She is a fun and delightful stop along the internet highway.
3. EC Writes ~ The Hilarious Misadventures of a Writing Mom – Elizabeth has a beautiful way with words that will both touch your heart and soul. I love reading how the world is seen through the eyes of the children around her. Her blogs are always written with wit and charm.
4. Emma Burcart ~ Occasional Epiphanies – Bringing you everything she loves about being a woman, Emma will be blogging on fitness, health, fashion, beauty, relationships, lifestyles, food and cultures. I get a really good vibe from her blog and think she will do great things in her new digs.
5. Kate Wood’s Blog ~ Beyond the Myst – Kate covers a variety of topics with her “Things” posts on Rudan Thursdays as well as has a super helpful blog recap on Sundays. But I’m especially drawn to her Tursan Tuesdays where she delves into the colorful history and mythology of the Celtics. Gotta love that!
6. Lynn Kelly ~ LynNerd’s Random Acts of Writing – Lynn is always giving us great blogs to make us think and interact. A real people person, her blog is like the cool cyber stop hang-out when her posts hit the web.
7. Paige Kellerman ~ There’s More Where That Came From – A mother of twins, this lady always puts a smile on my face with her witty and comic threads. A read with her in the morning is a great way to start of the day.
8. Tameri Etherton ~ A Cup of Tea and Sorcery – Tameri’s posts are delightfully entertaining. From her Trashy TV recaps on Friday to her fun video discoveries and wonderful weekly posts. I just love seeing what Tameri will come up with. I recommend you tune in.
Okay, you caught me. I haven’t listed the full 15 here. But this is a great start. I didn’t want to duplicate anyone and I could see that some of the great blogs I have recently discovered were already getting awarded. Thanks again Diana for this wonderful honor! Now let’s keep paying it forward as best we can, in any way we can.
25 thoughts on “Versatile? Sure, I can do that.”
Congratulations! Your blog is very deserving of this award. I love coming here and seeing what you’ve got each day and I’m happy to take a new journey with you!
What?!? Now I get the award? That is so 100% pure awesome I don’t know what to do with myself. Oh, yes I do – dance a happy dance! Thank you SO much.
I love your choices for the others (a few new ones I’m checking out and they are fabulous!).
Super, super, super cool for all of us in the blogosphere.
Aww, thanks Tameri! You are so sweet. I hope I can make the journey interesting and fun.
What?! Yes! You got an award! And I think you deserve it. I know you will pass it on to some most worthy blogs.
I’m dancing with you! ٩(:̮̮̃:̃)۶
Congrats on your award and thank you for mine! I think your blog looks fab and I’ll be sure and stop by frequently to tell you so. At least you have pumpkins on your blog; It’s almost Halloween and I haven’t bothered to do anything pumpkinish…Mom fail. Thanks again so much!
Hey! You have small twins. One can only do so much. It’s a wonder you get any blogs out if you ask me. 🙂 It was time consuming to get my pumpkins up there. He he. But I was posting crafty crap and thought it was a good idea. Being all themie and such.
Thanks and you’re welcome. I always have fun visiting your page!
Thank you! I just started blogging and I feel like I’ve been trying to find my voice and purpose with my blog and this was nice to read and see when I got home from work today, thank you!
You are very welcome Angela. I am also new to blogging and trying to find my voice so I completely understand the feeling. I was flabbergasted when Diana bestowed the award upon me. Now the pressure is on! …Just kidding. 🙂 We are all in this together, on big support system. I know you will go great places with your voice and blog.
Congrats on your award and thanks so much for thinking of me! You are so sweet to say such nice things. I feel like my blog is such a “baby”–so new it stands on wobbly legs, so your words made me happy. Thanks! I will see you around the WANA class as we grow our blogs together!
You are very welcome. You’re going to be great. See you around Wana!
Congrats! Well deserved I say!! Glad they saved that car! (smile)
Thank you Deborah! We have something in common besides our names. 😉
You know, the insurance company still wanted to salvage the car but I paid to have her fixed up. She has been in my family since ’62. Couldn’t let her go now. Drove her to the shop, charcoaled and all.
There ya go, girl! Awesome post! I should be thanking you for making the passing of the torch so easy! You’ve got a fun way about you (no doubt because of the whole leather-wearing thing) and that attitude is contagious! I look forward to more of your posts!
Aww shucks, you’re too kind. I do ❤ me some leather, be it biker or other. One can never own too many leather boots if you ask me. 😉
Congratulations!! Your blog is wonderful and I loved learning more about you. I’m such an Olympics geek that I truly envy you being able to participate in the opening ceremonies. How incredibly cool! Also think it’s beyond cool that you still have your first car and that it survived the house fire. Awesome!
Thanks Ginger! That’s pretty cool that you are into the Olympics. It wasn’t as big of a deal as it could have been. They were very unorganized. I don’t think they knew what they were doing half the time. LOL
Sometimes I think that car of mine has a mind and will of her own. She was determined to survive. It’s probably some strange result from when I got her and she didn’t run, my dad made me help in taking the engine apart, clean it and put it back together to get her running. A strange bonding took place. Oooooo Hehehe .
Totally loved learning so much about you! Your first car is gorgeous. So glad the firemen saved her. One day your little ones will grow up and leave home. Then you’ll room for those shiny pretties :).
Thank you Isis! And thanks for the compliment on my car, she appreciates it. Yes, she. You know all vehicles are female, and I was crazy enough to name mine when I first got her. LOL Anywhoo…
We will have to wait and see if I will have any upper arm strength to weld those shiny pretties when the kids finally leave home.
So glad you could stop by!
Interesting facts about you. Nice meeting you over @ Isis. Love the masthead!
What a pleasure to have you stop by J.L. And thank you for the compliment on my masthead. I look forward to reading more from you in the future.
Congratulations! Isn’t Kristen’s workshop enlightening? I’m glad you’re enjoying it. 🙂
Thank you Angela! It is wonderful. Now if I could only figure out how to clone myself I’d be good! LOL 🙂