The release of Moorigad is right around corner, just in time for summer! The time of year associated with sunshine and vacations.
If your trip isn’t already set in stone, consider some carnival inspired thrills for the family. Something inspired by the setting and mystical world in the Moorigad series. Unfortunately, there aren’t any real interdimensional, magical amusement parks you can add to your agenda but, there are several options that offer you and your family plenty of magical moments and memories.
*This post is based on a Pacific Coast location, but a simple internet search will turn up comparable options in most areas.
- Local Amusement Parks: Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, LEGOLAND, Universal Studios all offer various packages. Discount on the number of days, without or without meal options. Some offer on-site hotels, others – hotels are within walking distance. Getaways of this style offer the thrill of high-powered rides, nightly fireworks, unique shopping opportunities, and resort poolside relaxation.
- A Pier, a Beach, and a Ferris Wheel: There are several locations along the California coast where one can enjoy the surf by day and take in the lights, sounds, and enthusiasm of an old fashioned carnival by night. If you haven’t explored some of these magical destinations, this summer may be the time. Santa Monica Pier is a true state landmark offering restaurants, shops, and a quaint amusement area known as Pacific Park. To the south in Newport Beach, on Balboa Pier is the famous fun zone that will leave you feeling like you’ve slipped back through time. The entire family may find delight in riding on the classic Ferris wheel, the bumper cars, or a challenge amongst the arcade games. Up north, nestled beside the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk offers spectacular coastal views and a huge Ferris wheel within its lively park. Travel a little farther along the beach to the Santa Cruz wharf and pier to find handmade arts and craft stalls, outdoor markets, and more.
- Memory Making at Sea: Looking for something all inclusive? A family cruise may be just the thing. Most lines offer a plethora of family, teen, and younger kid activities to keep everyone entertained. Plus, many have fireworks! Limited budget? Through sites such as Cruise Deals, Last Minute Cruises, or Vacations To Go, cruise lines offer discounted packages on cabins left available in an attempt to fill their ship before sailing. Shop and save.
- Vacation with a Splash: Forgo the Ferris wheel fun and check in for a waterpark adventure – slide action, with a side of swim and splash memory magic. New to Southern California, and conveniently located in Garden Grove, Great Wolf Lodge offers year around water fun packed vacations. Book sixty days in advance and save up to 50% on your trip plans.
- Carnival Vegas Style: Historically, Las Vegas has been an all-too-adult destination, but times have changed. At Circus Circus, a family can find rides, arcade games, and miniature golf under their immense pink dome. On Fermont Street, zip line beneath the Viva Vision Light Show. Take in the pirate show in front of Treasure Island, the dazzling fountain display of the Bellagio, ride the High Roller – currently the largest Ferris wheel in the world. Whirling roller coasters and wild adventures, endless shops and shows await your discovery. Not to mention, every hotel and resort offer a refreshing, if not a spectacular pool.
Be it a cruise, an amusement park, a stunning coastal destination, a wild and vibrant stay in Las Vegas, or something completely different, here’s hoping you find magic in the making this summer season.
The inspiration for this piece, Moorigad: Complete Age of the Hybrid Series releases on May 16th. An adventurous, upper-young-adult, paranormal romance, set in a supernatural carnival, is complete with bonus chapters and will be available online at your favorite retailer. Pre-order your copy now!
If you are local to Ventura County, California, I will be signing at The Open Book at The Oaks Mall, on Saturday, May 14th from 2 – 4 p.m.
Enjoy on-line parties? Please join us for two hours of fun, games, and prizes as we celebrate the launch of Moorigad with special guests, Eva Pohler, Elise Kova, and C.M. McCoy!
Moorigad (The Big Book) Release Party
Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time, keep it real yet keep it magical!
I’m a mother, a young adult author, and sometimes DIY home decorator. I’d love to have you hang out with me and follow my messy life. If you have the time and interest, check out my books at your favorite on-line retailer.