I have been dragging my heels! A little over a month ago a friend of mine posted a list of ten things she may or may not have done. A Naughty & Nice list. She allowed us, the readers, to have a go and guess which ones she had and hadn’t done. She then challenged each of us to carry on that torch. Thank you August McLaughlin.
A bunch of fellow bloggers jumped on that train, and I had a blast following the party from freight car blog to blog as the following bloggers jumped in: Amber West, Tim O’Brien, Natalie Hartford, Tameri Etherton, and Diane Murdock. It was a riot reading their lists and trying to guess at their indiscretions. Still, I dragged my heels.
You see, I wanted to be fun and play along, but I didn’t think my past experiences were all that interesting to pull from. After all, it is most likely I had already revealed the most interesting facts from my past. The fact that I was in the 1984 Olympic Opening Ceremonies and that I had trespassed into my neighbor’s yard resulting in a monkey biting my finger had already been revealed.
What more could I come up with? Maybe I was simply lacking imagination. After all, they don’t all have to be true, now do they? In fact, who says any of them have to be true? For all you know, the list of ten I am about to present to you could all be a fabrication. Something I should be able to do, considering I am a writer, after all. That is for you to decide.
So you tell me, did this Goody-Goody do any of these things listed? I’ll give you something not on the list. I have assassin’s blood running through my family line. So who knows, maybe I’m a bit tainted.
Now let’s get to it, shall we?
I’m so good I cannot tell a lie. But when I’m bad, I’m bad. I’m so naughty, I:
- Played a game of cat and mouse with security in a closed 100 year old cemetery in the dead of night.
- Frequented underground vampire bars when I was in college.
- Walked down my hometown’s main drag in my nightie.
- Stole merchandise from a 7-11.
- Swam in the ocean with sharks.
- Topped out my speedometer when racing a carload of hooting boys on the way into Palm Springs. Note: Speedometer tops out at 120.
- Took a ride in a cop car.
- Stowed away in a stranger’s car for a drive all over San Francisco.
- Got a man picked up by the police in Edinburgh.
- Melted the engine block in my car.
So what do you think? Could I have possibly done any of these? All or none of them? Make your guesses, educated or wild. I’d look forward to hearing them. If you would like to play along, it’s easy to do. Make your own list and link back to the originator and those who have come before you. Ask your readers to guess and see how well they know you. It could be a lot of fun!
Art ~ Emily’s 13th Hour (top left) and Clover (bottom right)
If you enjoyed this post or any of my previous posts, I’d be delighted to have you follow by email or RSS for any future posts
35 thoughts on “Goody-Goody Ticker Tape Parade: Confessions – or Not?”
Ok, I’m bettin on #1 #6 #9 as true. How’d I do?
You wouldn’t want me to give it away too soon, would you Prudence? I’ll have the answers on Wednesdays post. I’ll try to make it interesting. 😉
I think you got some poor dude arrested in Ediburgh, walked around your hometown in your nightie and took a ride in a cop car. Am I right? 🙂 The cemetery game sounds like great fun!
i’m thinking 4, (you were very little) 5, (the sharks are all over the ocean – you don’t specify how close to sharks you swam) 7, (as a writer I’ve done this) and 9 (you’re a good citizen). Can’t wait for the truth.
Love the shout out – thank you – and the FAB fun!!! So glad you joined in…eeekee!! Love these posts!!! So here goes nothing!!
1. Hmmmm…I am going with no on this one.
2. With your tainted blood – I’ll say YES!
3. Hmmmm…on a wild dare, I am going with YES!
5. Yes – on vacay – I did too! WOW!!!
7. I am not sure the circumstances but going with YES again! LOL
9. Yes – he was likely harrassing you.
10. Yes – after racing with the BOYS!!!
GREAT list – loved it!! Happy weekend!!!
WOW. This is tough! Let me think…..
(Yes! Could totally see you doing this!) – Played a game of cat and mouse with security in a closed 100 year old cemetery in the dead of night.
(Ermm….lie.) Frequented underground vampire bars when I was in college.
(I’m having such a hard time with this one! I’m leaning toward yes.) Walked down my hometown’s main drag in my nightie.
(Who didn’t?) Stole merchandise from a 7-11.
(This is true.) Swam in the ocean with sharks.
(I can see this too, but I’m on the fence about it.) Topped out my speedometer when racing a carload of hooting boys on the way into Palm Springs. Note: Speedometer tops out at 120.
(Yes…you didn’t specify how, so I’m thinking yes.) Took a ride in a cop car.
(Yes…CAB ride anyone?) Stowed away in a stranger’s car for a drive all over San Francisco.
(Not sure about this one either.) Got a man picked up by the police in Edinburgh.
(These are so hard….no?) Melted the engine block in my car.
Hmm I’m noticing a pattern here. There are a lot to do with cars. And knowing your love of cars, I’m going to guess that all of them involving cars are true. I’m guessing (and hoping) that you didn’t get chased through a cemetary. Creepy. And I’m also hoping you didn’t frequent vampire bars in college. Maybe you tried it once or twice, but I’m hoping frequently wasn’t the case. I can’t imagine getting a chocolate martini in a place like that, at least from what I’ve seen on TV. Can’t wait to find out which ones are true. Oh, and these posts have reminded me about one of my favorite games: Two truths and a lie. I brought it back and the kids love it! They always pick the wrong answer.
Well I know #1 is true since I was there….but so was Gumby and a sailor so maybe I dreamt the whole thing.
I am going to guess 3, 4, 5, 6, & 9 – for #3, I’m guessing for Halloween. And #9 because I’m boring and that’s totally something I would’ve done (actually did, but with no one else on the road). 10 – depends on what you mean by “melted” so that’s a maybe.
One thing the naughty/nice adventure taught me is this: our experiences are far more intriguing to others that we realize. (I suppose that’s why reality TV’s popular. ;)) I’m sure yours are no exception, Debra! LOVE your list. Here’s my best shot!
1. Ooh.. yes, considering your passion for immortals and such. 😉
2. Not sure what these are, but they sound right up your alley. LOL
3. No, but you’ve considered it!
4.. Only if not on purpose. (Then again, we all get hungry!)
5. Yes – or maybe just w/dolphins. Either way, I’m awe of you for it.
7. Yes, as part of a crime/mystery theme date!
9. Yes – the locale of CMT date?
10. Aw… yes.
So glad you joined the N/N fun, lovely! Can’t wait for the reveal…
This is a lot of fun August. Thanks for starting it.
OK – I’m guessing 4, 5 and 10 are true because you don’t have to be ‘bad’ to do any of those things 🙂
True. It’s all a matter of perception. 🙂
You guys are sooo much fun! But I don’t feel I should make any comments and make it easier on you. LOL
This should be interesting to follow. I raised 3 teenagers who did similar things to the things on your list. The worst offender has now been a policeman for 10 years so I know there can be a turn around.
1, 5 & 10. 🙂 The shark thing is freaking me out. I can’t even read about people swimming with them!!!
Thanks for the shout out, Debra! *rubbing hands* Okay, here I go:
1. Yes. I think you would do that.
2. No. Not that you wouldn’t be tempted, but I’m not seeing that as your style.
3. Yes. Perhaps on a dare? A drunken stupor? Sleepwalking?
4. No. Can’t see that one.
5. Yes, but not knowingly.
6. No. 80 or 90 miles, maybe, but 120…I’d bet you were more conservative.
7. Yes. Why is the question…
8. Yes, definitely. The adventurer in you.
9. Yes. The justice seeker.
10. LOL. Yes. Maybe when you were going to Palm Springs?
Can’t wait to see the reveal!
I think they all are true :-D.
I’m going to guess 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10.
My favorite is 8 — stowed away in a stranger’s car for a ride all over San Francisco — but I don’t think you did that one. Althought I could be totally wrong. LOL.
Suh-weet! So glad you are playing. Okay, here goes my guesses:
1. Yep. You were looking for your next date to the vampire bar.
2. Absolutely. (see #1). Those blood sucking vamps were way more fun that the stiffs at the disco club.
3. Nope. You were stark raving nekkid.
4. Yes, but it was penny candy when you were four, so it doesn’t count on your permanent record.
5. Well, duh! Of course. Anyone who swims in the ocean is swimming with sharks. That’s where they live, silly.
6. What kind of crappy car were you driving? 120? Pffft, you’d top out a Maserati if you could!
7. Yep. But you called it ‘research’ for a book. Personally, I think you thought the cop was hot.
8. Is ‘stowed away’ a euphemism for ‘passed out’?
9. So that was YOU! Yeah, my husband really appreciated spending the night in the clink. Thanks for that.
10. Didn’t we all? Well, twice for me, actually. Who knew the oil light was so important?
So fun! I’m anxious to see what’s all true and what’s not. Thanks for playing, Debra!
Do you ignore your oil light Tameri? 🙂 I never have, that I recall. But then my dad made me get under the hood of my first car and take the engine apart, clean it and rebuild it so she would run before I would have something to drive. Can you see me getting my hands all greasy like that?
Passed out? No. I was awake the whole time. 😉
I would love to take a Maserati for a spin. You have one you’re offering?
I might have ignored the oil light twice when I was young and stupid. I wish someone had shown me how to take apart an engine! That would be a very useful skill. I also wish I had a Maserati, if I did, you’d totally get to take her out.
I thought I could go farther on the low gas gage than I could in the beginning. After my dad made me walk the first time with that gas can I paid closer attention. LOL
I hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but I think all are true 🙂
Well, maybe except for #2, unless you were into live-action RPGs 🙂
You guys are all putting a smile on my face. And Fabio, I’m not taking anything personally. 😀
I’ll say 4, 5, 7 and 10 are true. Unless we’re talking in fictional lives, then they are all true!
1, 3, 7, and 10 are true. When can we find out for sure?
I will post the answers on Wednesday of next week. That’s when you can all find out how close you are or are not to the truth. 🙂
I’d like to think you did all those things. In fact, I’ve decided that you have. Obviously, you had to stow away in the stranger’s car to get away from the vampire bar. That’s how you ended up in the cemetery. Unbeknownst to you, the person’s car you’d stowed away in belonged to the bouncer at the vampire bar, who was also a part-time security guard at the cemetery. It would’ve been an unbearable ride if you hadn’t had the Oreos you stole from 7-11 in the pocket of your nightgown.
You were in your nightgown because, like Buffy, you were still in high school, at the time, and had to sneak out in the dead of night to get to the vampire bar. Everyone there was dressed questionably, so you got away with it.
You took a ride in a cop car, but what you didn’t mention was that you stole it to get away from the cemetery. The engine block was melted after you floored it to cross the border into Palm Springs. The fact those boys thought they could out-do a dangerous vampire hunter is beyond me.
And the part about the guy in Edinburgh? Well, that I just don’t buy….
You made me spit out my water in laughter reading your comment! I adore your imagination Paige. Keep those creative juices flowing!
I love the Goody-Goody posts! Okay, let’s see….. these are tought, because with some of them I am really not sure. But that’s what makes this game fun.
My “yes” column: 1, 6, 7, 9, 10
My “no” column: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8
Oh fun! I may have to do one of these posts! Let’s see, my guesses are:
You did #10 while doing #6
#3 got you #7, and then a date with the cute cop who picked you up.
No to #4 and #5, and #9
#8 was after #1 and #2 to hide from all the vampires, ghosts and security chasing you. 🙂
Okay, here are my guesses:
7. yes, but not for a bad reason
10. yes…because I know how easily you can do things like that (I ruined the entire brake system on a really nice Park Avenue because I accidentally put transmission fluid in instead of brake fluid…REALLY BAD mistake!)
Ooooh you people! I almost gave something away just now in a response. Good thing I caught myself before I hit the post button. LOL Right about now you are all wishing I wasn’t committed to Immortal Mondays, huh?
The answers have been posted! I apologize to those who get the post in their email. The post published prematurely, so anything you got was a serious WIP. I suggest heading to the blog to read rather than trying to read the email. :-/