Debra Kristi writes deep-point-of-view YA (young adult) fiction that will drop you in the middle of the drama and have you experience the adventure as if you are part of the story.
Born and raised a Southern California girl, Debra Kristi still resides in the sunny state with her husband, two kids, and several schizophrenic rescue cats. Her love for the fantastical began at a very young age when her imagination magically transformed the backyard swing set into the U.S.S. Enterprise. Since then she’s had a lifelong love of science fiction, fantasy, and creative storytelling. Unlike the characters she often writes, Debra is not immortal and her only superpower is letting the dishes and laundry pile up. When not writing, she is usually creating memories with her family, geeking out to sci-fi and fantasy television, and tossing out movie quotes.
Five random things about Debra Kristi:
- Debra’s first car was a 1962 Buick Skylark. The car had been in the family since ’62 and had sat, unused in a garage for many years before becoming hers. Not only would the car not run, but the hood wouldn’t open. Together with her father and uncle Debra dismantled the engine and put it back together and got that car running.
- Today, that Buick Skylark still sits comfortably in Debra’s garage and at one point Debra actually owned three Skylarks.
- When she was four-years-old, Debra decided to explore her neighbor’s backyard. She ended up getting bit by a monkey. A monkey!
- Debra believes in ghosts (Spirits unable to move on). She saw her first ghost when she was five-years-old – an old man who had died in the house her parents had just bought.
- On a dare, Debra once (properly) burned her finger on a car’s backseat cigarette lighter.
Debra is currently unrepresented by any agency. Her Balance Bringer series and Moorigad Series are both self-published and inquiries regarding translation rights, literary representation, or other business matters should be directed through the form on her connect page.
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I HAVE A SIGNED BOOKMARK?
Of course! I’m happy to send a signed bookmark to anyone who wants one. Simply email me via the Connect Page, let me know which series you are interested in, and tell me your mailing address so I can send it out to you.
CAN I INTERVIEW YOU ON MY BLOG?
I would absolutely love to do an interview on your blog! Please email me via the Connect Page with the five questions you’d like me to answer the most. I promise to get to your interview as soon as I can — response time will vary depending on my writing deadlines and other commitments.